“A healthy substitute for fried appetisers.”
Cooking Time – Less than 30 minutes
Royal Prestige® products used in this recipe
Innove Square Griddle
½ cup – oats, roasted
2 no. s – large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
½ cup – green peas, boiled and mashed
1 no. – onion, chopped
1 no. – carrot, peeled and chopped
1 no. – small bunch coriander leaves, chopped
3 tbsp. – ginger, green chilli and garlic, paste
1 tbsp. – red chilli powder
3 tbsp. – semolina/bread crumbs for coating
2 tbsp. – flax seeds, roasted and powdered
1 tbsp. – garam masala powder
to taste – salt
2 tbsp. – oil for brushing
- In a large mixing bowl; add the potatoes, green peas, onion, carrot and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Then add oats, green chilli, ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, flax seeds and salt. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take the mixture and shape them round and flatten it. Coat it with bread crumbs/semolina on both sides and arrange it in a plate. Keep it in a refrigerator to set for about ½ hour.
- Preheat the square griddle on medium heat then brush it with some oil.
- Place the cutlets on the griddle for about 4-5 minutes. Then lower the heat and flip the cutlet and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Once the cutlet turns brown on both the sides. Transfer it into a serveware.
- Garnish with some onion rings or coriander leaves twigs (optional).
- Serve hot with chutney/ketchup/dips/sauce.